Our 2008 Itasca Navion MH by Winnebago, which we purchased new, has a propane tank, as you can see by the accompanying images, that is disintegrating and putting our lives at risk.There is absolutely no reason, other than defective materials, that could possibly cause this horrendous condition.
We discovered the condition of the propane tank on July 1, 2013, while inspecting the underside of our MH. I was able to pull off a large 1/8" thick strip of rusted metal and coating from the bottom of the tank.If I chose to, I could peel off many more layers. At that point we parked the MH and have not used it since. We contacted Winnebago immediately, and they informed us that we must live in a caustic environment, and they were not responsible.
I guess they don't care if one of their customers blows up in their MH. I don't belive that an island in the middle of Lake Champlain in VT is caustic, which is where we live.
Next we contacted Manchester Tank Co, who produced the propane tank, and the person we initially had contact with told us that this was a serious situation, and that we should take the vehicle out of service immediately.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Itasca Navion Motorhome
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I bought an A/C Compressor and when I got it, it was missing parts that should be with it to function in my car. It was missing a pressure switch..."
- "good old josh is still not man enough to admit that the monster transmission has made a mistake and put the wrong parts in my transmission even after i had..."
- "I bought 4 new Falken tires from Discount Tire company on Sept. 10 a month ago , a month and half later , with two thousand miles on the..."
- "Everyone who experienced last year hail should read this story. Today, for the forth time since the hail storms last July, a State Farm insurance adjuster visited my house. By..."
- "I ordered a 'like new' refurbished pool from them in May 2014. It had been set up at a car dealership sale with a couple of floaties in it..."
- "I have a green lane chair with an electric switch that has failed. The chair is very wiggly and unstable. The arm and the back of the chair comes..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."
- "The bottom line - Nest makes fantastic, state-of-the-art, reliable products. I own 2 of the thermostats and just installed 5 outdoor nest cams at $200 / cam. The problem is..."
- "Better use consignee rather than your own people which not taking care and stealing the contents of the box. batter add precautions and implement rules to avoid this kind of..."