Our 2008 Itasca Navion MH by Winnebago, which we purchased new, has a propane tank, as you can see by the accompanying images, that is disintegrating and putting our lives at risk.There is absolutely no reason, other than defective materials, that could possibly cause this horrendous condition.
We discovered the condition of the propane tank on July 1, 2013, while inspecting the underside of our MH. I was able to pull off a large 1/8" thick strip of rusted metal and coating from the bottom of the tank.If I chose to, I could peel off many more layers. At that point we parked the MH and have not used it since. We contacted Winnebago immediately, and they informed us that we must live in a caustic environment, and they were not responsible.
I guess they don't care if one of their customers blows up in their MH. I don't belive that an island in the middle of Lake Champlain in VT is caustic, which is where we live.
Next we contacted Manchester Tank Co, who produced the propane tank, and the person we initially had contact with told us that this was a serious situation, and that we should take the vehicle out of service immediately.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Itasca Navion Motorhome
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "11k miles and engine is gone. This is not a warranty issue it is that Jasper provided a defective product. It's not even a one start rating. I..."
- "I bought 4 new Falken tires from Discount Tire company on Sept. 10 a month ago , a month and half later , with two thousand miles on the..."
- "I bought an A/C Compressor and when I got it, it was missing parts that should be with it to function in my car. It was missing a pressure switch..."
- " I wish that Ernie Graham, owner of Woodchurch House in Ashford Kent, and seven other care homes across Kent, East Sussex and Surrey would explain how 34 residents died in..."
- "I purchased a mattress from Sears that had a 10 year unlimited warranty. They had to replace it due to springs & sagging.The brand of mattress was no longer available..."
- "As a person who grew up on Campbell's soups, I am sad, disappointed, and disgusted by the downward spiral in quality. This week, after months of steering clear of Campbell's,..."
- "I purchased an UP3 and about 3 months later, the band is already breaking. I emailed Jawbone support about the issue and wanted to understand why it would break so..."
- "I "purchased" a camera from a 2016 Black Friday special; Nikon d3400 for $349. Great price but not so great that it seemed unreal. It took several days just to..."
- "This location in redford plymouth rd is very rude and inconsiderate and lied about showing up at my house and calling even lied on my neighbor saying my neighbor told..."