1.1K views
2.0

I am the wife of the original author to this complaint. I have much more to add since I am the one in touch with the service men at Winnebago Indiana.

Our frameless windows have a inch opening in the corners of the seal. Tony Chupp, Director of Service & Parts states that the open is a requirement for drainage of the condensation build up between the screen and the window....again these are FRAMELESS windows, the result is an inch opening for all bugs to enter between the window and the inside screen. I then watched as approximately 20 bugs was trying to enter my home through the exit handle opening. The end result, we have lived in our fifth wheel for 5 months and we fight the stink bug battle every day!

Today is December 23, 2016 and I walked in from working a 13 hour shift only to find 5 stink bugs above my kitchen sink on my ceiling lights! and I've killed 2 since then....my fifth wheel STINKS! My brand new (bought off the lot in April) Winnebago STINKS from the odor that stink bugs omits. I have videos and pictures to back up all that is written in this complaint.

I have asked for Winnebago to give us a new fifth wheel or buy this one back, Tony Chupp replied to call an exterminator and Winnebago will not cover this "act of nature" under its warranty due to not the fault of the manufacture. He also told me to take the puddy out of the openings on the windows. I politely declined due to I live with an infestation of stink bugs now, I really don't want to live with lizards also that find their way in the opening in these Florida swamps. I emailed Mr Chupp and asked to speak with him directly.....still awaiting his phone call.

If any one would like to see the videos, pictures, or emails that I have collected regarding the infestation of stink bugs- please email me at steelernurse71@yahoo.com Also, if anyone has any suggestions on how to "help" Winnebago take back their defected camper, please let me know! Thanks :)

Product or Service Mentioned: 2016 Winnebago Industries Destination Rv.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments