Dothan, Alabama
1.4K views

Bought a new 2016 Winnebago Trend Diesel 623L, for $74K. On our third trip, we broke down outside Flagstaff, AZ.

Called the Winnebago Roadside Asst # and was given the option of having the vehicle towed or take it to Flagstaff for service (20 miles). The breakdown people told us to save all receipts!!! The coach could be driven at no more than 2,000 engine RPM (called limp mode), so we decided to drive to a dealer. The Dodge dealer we were direct to in Flagstaff could not work on a Chrysler Pro Master, so we had to drive 120 miles to Kingman, AZ.

There the mechanic told use the catalytic converter was bad and had to be replaced. After six days of living in motels,we were told that the turbo had to be replaced also; this would take another two weeks for parts and repair. Received NO guidance or support from Dodge or Winnebago, so we got a rent a car and drove 1670 miles home so I could get back to work. Called two weeks later and told the unit was ready.

Wife and I flew out, picked up the motor home and drove home. Told Chrysler exactly what I was doing and asked if I was going to be reimbursed for all the costs of this repair. Was told to submit all costs for review when repair was complete. It cost us $3,200 in hotels, rent a car, plane fare, gas and meals.

Chrysler said they would only pay us back $1,500. Major complaint: In the beginning, Chrysler and Winnebago never told us what would be reimbursed and what would not be reimbursed, even though their company policies were well known by their agents. Had we known what their policies were, we could have made better decisions.

The pain and suffering this breakdown caused has turned be against Winnebago and Chrysler in the worst way. I have owned 5 Chrysler products in the past...never again!

Product or Service Mentioned: 2016 Winnebago Industries Trend 623l Rv.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments