Leesburg, Florida
1.7K views

Winnebago Itasco Viva: Took a trip to Alaska, I installled a Aluminum box on rear to hold spare tire. The box and hitch started to bend towards the ground over time it started to hit on the road. I went into garage in Alaska and they said that if they installed a 2 inch receiver this would help, it did for a short period of time. I finalley went to a Canadian Tire store and they put it up on lift and discovered that the Winnebago frame was welding incorrect causing the frame to split. They jacked it up and force the frame back together and bolted it and this worked very well for the rest of our trip.

When we got back home to Florida we took the camper to Camping World(Summerfield) they contacted Winnebago and our Work Order was refused because of our fabrication. We had no choice, would of lost everything. Winnebago said this caused over weight(1 Spare Tire on rack) Could someone please help us or do we say goodby to Winnebago with negative reviews)

Thanks. Ralph Scott. 941 504 1776. rserscott@yahoo.com

Product or Service Mentioned: 2016 Winnebago Industries Itasca Viva Rv.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

Wow, Put a basket on my Itasca Reyo, I can see this may be a big mistake and will review the design for weight. Rated at 5,000 tow and 600 tongue weight, that may be totally untrue.

Winnebago Industries Reviews