map-marker Oakland, California

Very poor workmanship and customer service!!!

Poor workmanship and defective parts!!! They do not. They do not stand behind their product!!! HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE COMPANY!!! DO NOT TRUST THEM!!!

User's recommendation: Do not buy a faulty Winnebago

map-marker Tampa, Florida

No satisfaction from Winnebago when called them.

I noticed after driving in the rain one my compartments were full of water, reason for this my FLOOR trust were only spot welded. No one ever completed the welds before installation, so they all pulled apart, broke the structure sagged the floor system and compartments. Also the interior fallen apart within the first three years. Winnebago said they knew they had a defective run of material, but mine was out of warranty.

User's recommendation: I personally would recommend trying to find a manufacturer with higher quality standards.

Carol W Dvw

Winnebago Industries - We brought a camper - Image 3
Winnebago Industries - We brought a camper - Image 4
Winnebago Industries - We brought a camper - Image 5
Winnebago Industries - We brought a camper - Image 6
NThe quality is not what I expected from this company . There are places that look sanded down and no rubber gasket in the flush system and none in the water connectors inside or outside . There are so many things we have found wrong with the camper . It looks used but we purchased new . There is no instructions for microwave and bubbles on the start and stop buttons .
Cons:
  • Priced higher than other bumper pull

Preferred solution: My camper fixed because we are full time rving

User's recommendation: Not at this time

Jaqueline Yxr

Verified Reviewer

Problems with everything on my Winnebago

Winnebago Industries - Problems with everything on my Winnebago

Bought a brand new 21 navion Winnebago 0 miles.

Got about 30,000 miles on it now I've had problems with EVERYTHING!

Roof leaks in several places,

Constant generator problems,

Cabinets falling apart had to replace screws and Hardware, floorr rusted out because of roof leak in one area, hot water heater leaking( can't buy replacement parts), refrigerator stopped working, constant problems with slide out, had to replace seats extremely uncomfortable no leg room driver and passenger seat, Had to replace the main cabin door hardware Cheap and flimsy, slide out steps to get in Cabin don't work half the time, discovered loose wires to inverter causing electrical problems and much more! This company has zero quality control wherever these things are built.

The idea of having an RV sounds fun but save yourself the money and hassle don't buy a Winnebago!! Don't even try to get any warranty work done if you take it to one of their repair shops it will sit there for months and when you go pick it up most of the items that you took it in for will not be fixed.

So you can either laugh or cry about it dealing with a Winnebago haha

This company is a joke!!!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Lot

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Run

Harry S Qcr

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Manteca, California

Winnebago not standing behind their product.

Winnebago Industries - Winnebago not standing behind their product.

I purchased a Winnebago Voyage Model 2831RB on June 13, 2023. On our first trip we ran out of water at 1/3 tank.

I drained the tank when we got home and there was >15 gallons still in the tank. I brought it in to the dealer, they confirmed what I told them. They said the water outlet hole was drilled level to the 1/3 sensor. Later I received a text from the dealer saying the manufacture denied the new tank request saying the new tank would have the same issue.

Looks like the tank capacity is really about 25% less than advertised.

And I'm carrying around 120 pounds of useless weight. I cannot believe this is by design. I contacted Winnebago customer service, they told me this IS by design.

And there is nothing they can do about it. So I told them I would let as many people as I can know about this problem.

Preferred solution: A properly built fresh water tank installed.

User's recommendation: Don't buy Winnebago

map-marker Sun Prairie, Wisconsin

Dissatisfaction with Winnebego Customer Service, Product Quality

Unfortunately, my wife and I have had an extremely bad experience with our first Winnebago Travel Trailer. We just purchased it brand new fall 2022 , and the first trip (20 hours away) was a complete disaster with a slide failure (recall), furnace failure, stereo failure, refrigerator door breakage, floor and wall panels bubbling up, etc.

Since then, 2 additional recalls have come up (spare tire, solar panel brackets). The next trip was canceled because it was in a shop, and the next trip had an additional furnace failure, and the fridge door broke again.

The trailer was in the shop for 4 months during the RVing season (about 6 months in WI).

I asked for an extended warranty, and they offered 4 additional months, over the winter when the unit is stored.

I would never purchase a Winnebago product again, nor recommend them. All I can do is hope that the carnage/breakage stops, and we can actually use the trailer.

User's recommendation: Research other RV brands, stay clear of Winnebago

Guest

Sorry to hear of all the troubles. I'm regrettably still employed at the crap company.

I say crap because Winnebago buys the cheapest crap on the market to throw the units together. 80 percent of the parts are from China,just junk. Most of the time the parts break and were yelled at to just patch it up,cobble it,make it work and get it out the door,now. So ,yes.

My advice don't ever spend another dime on a,as I call them.

Winnabagacrapos. Later.

Pam B Ipa

| map-marker Snellville, Georgia

Multiple issues with unit

Multiple issues- latest is the overhead bed above the driver leaked through a dealer repair to a defect on the outside trim. We have had the unit in the shop or out of commission longer than we have had it on the road Leaking shower sky light, freezer required 3 trips to fix correctly, now the entire mattress for extra sleeping is soaking wet. Extremely dissappointed that Winnebago has retreated to a terrible manufacturer with no quality control
Pros:
  • Name recognition
Cons:
  • Terrible quality control

Preferred solution: Repair on unit

User's recommendation: Buy with extreme caution

Jeremiah L Uwt

| map-marker Albuquerque, New Mexico

Will not stand behind there product

Winnebago Industries - Will not stand behind there product

BUYER BEWARE!!! If only we could give negative stars.

We purchased a winnebago 2100BH and extended warranty September 23rd 2022 from La Mesa RV. Very quickly started having structural and mechanical problems with it after only using it on 2 quick weekend trips in the fall, never using it to its full capacity including not filling water tanks. After many unanswered messages we were finally able to get it in for WARRANTY repairs in May of 2023. After that crickets...

after a month of them having our camper and no communication we reached out multiple times to get a status on repairs and would never get a call back. In July after again many calls we were told they would not cover many of the things that needed repairs and blamed it on winnebago. This week after having our camper for over 4 months!!! we were told it would cost an additional $2000 to repair the broken water heater stating it was water damaged.

WE NEVER USED THE WATER AND WINTERIZED IT PER THEIR INSTRUCTIONS!!! Along with charging us $400 to adjust the door that swings open when traveling. AGAIN THIS IS A BRAND NEW TRAILER STILL UNDER MANUFACTURER WARRANTY ALONG WITH HAVING AN EXTENDED WARRANTY. When we asked for our trailer today they told us it would take a few days to get ready for pick up.

We told them we wanted it back today, almost 5 months was long enough, they sat it in the middle of their parking lot without placing a block under the hitch leaving us to scramble to find bricks to lift the hitch high enough to hook on to our truck. Camper was also dirty and full of dead moths at pick up.

Such a disappointment and the $400 door repair we paid for didn't stop our camper door from swinging open on the way home... THINK TWICE BEFORE BUYING FROM LA MESA RV

User's recommendation: Stay away from Winnebago

Guest

Just to let you in on the inside facts. Winnebago doesn't have one person anywhere in there weld shop that is a certified welder,no training what so ever. Sad.

Jamey M Nhe

Disgruntled Owner

Our 2022 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108DS was our worst buy to date! This brand new trailer never went through any type of quality check before handing it over to us.

As first time travel trailer owners we never expected to have to finish installing the drawers, remove construction debris from all the vents, tighten water pipes and the list goes on! In our first year of ownership the trailer was in the repair shop for 4 straight months and Winnebago reimbursed only 1 month of storage fees! The customer service is some of the worst we've ever dealt with. They ignore phone calls and emails and don't follow through with promises to keep you informed EVEN when it is stated that a weekly email would be sent with a progress report.

I would NEVER recommend Winnebago to anyone. "Winnebago" does NOT mean quality as we had hoped.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Looks beautiful
Cons:
  • Horrible customer service
  • Poor construction

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Do not buy Winnebago

Mike Z Dwa

Terrible Quality On My 2017 Grand Tour

I bought a 2017 Winnebago Grand Tour new in December 2017. My first year the new coach was in the shop 200 plus days.

Got to a point that Winnebago sent a driver to Texas and drove my coach back to the factory for repairs. Have been totally disappointed in the build quality of this top-of-the-line Grand Tour. This coach was listed for over $500,000 and wasn't worth half that much. To this day, I drive down the road and trim falls off everywhere.

If the trim had 6 nails, three would go through the trim piece and then bend before going all the way through. It is an embarrassment to bring people in my coach. The wall for the half bath has moved and you can't lock the door. No privacy, as there is at least an inch gap between the wall and door.

You can look into the bathroom. The front windshield night shade keeps getting stuck coming down. The shade was replaced at least three times under warranty.

Still having the same problem with the shade. What a total piece of CRAP.

Pros:
  • Looks good
Cons:
  • Terrible quality control

Preferred solution: Repair all the trim, repair half bath wall, repair windshield night shade, repair one of the two awnings.

User's recommendation: Don't buy a Winnebago product

map-marker Molalla, Oregon

Mounting bedroom tv

Took awhile to talk to live agent. When I did they were very helpful. My Winnebago contract took my email address and sent an email when he couldnt answer my questions immediately. Sorry I dont remember his name but Im very pleased.

User's recommendation: Be patient

map-marker Lexington, South Carolina

Specs not on Brochure for Class C Winnebago or Itasca 25b ( 2014 or other years)

Looking to purchase a PreOwned Class C Winnebago or Itasca model 25b. Looking at your Arcives Brochure ( example 2014 and other years ) shows the 25b on a ford chassis only . Several other year models 25b both Winnebago & Itasca for sale on Chevrolet chassis but only Ford chassis listed on your Brochure. How can I get a copy of Chevrolet Chassis 25b Class C ? Thank you Steve Cook - Steveandkate@***.com
Mitch M Que

| map-marker Forest City, Iowa

Terrible Customer Service and Product

We bought a brand new 2017 Winnebago Vista with a Forever Warranty and have meticulously maintained the coach ever since. If I were not a handyman and former mechanic, this coach would be in the shop more than weve used it. The Forever Warranty is all but useless and Winnebago Customer Service is a joke. The last straw was when we nicked a picnic table while leaving a campground and the entire back wall almost tore off because it was rotted out from underneath because of wheel spray from faulty manufacturing.

After numerous back and forth with them, they insulted our intelligence and offered to repair it for $4750 plus tax, IF we would drive 1200 miles one way to their factory. All our estimates were less than what they were offering. We had it fixed locally for $4200. They would NOT reimburse us!

DO NOT BUY A WINNEBAGO PERIOD! Even our service center said they do not build them like they used to. We bought a brand new 2017 Winnebago Vista with a Forever Warranty and have meticulously maintained the coach ever since. If I were not a handyman and former mechanic, this coach would be in the shop more than weve used it.

The Forever Warranty is all but useless and Winnebago Customer Service is a joke. The last straw was when we nicked a picnic table while leaving a campground and the entire back wall almost tore off because it was rotted out from underneath because of wheel spray from faulty manufacturing. After numerous back and forth with them, they insulted our intelligence and offered to repair it for $4750 plus tax, IF we would drive 1200 miles one way to their factory. All our estimates were less than what they were offering.

We had it fixed locally for $4200.

They would NOT reimburse us! I would never recommend anyone buy a Winnebago product.I would never recommend anyone buy a Winnebago product.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Terrible product
  • Terrible customer service

Preferred solution: $4200 reimbursement for repairs

User's recommendation: Do not buy a Winnebago

Guest

I work on the assembly department,part of a crew that's supposed to have eight people in it, there's three of us at all times. The plant manager is an incompetent dumb *** he's single handedly driven two of the planets he ran before this one straight into the toilet,and Winnebago closed them.

This is the people they put in charge over and over again. From here on , don't ever buy a Winnebago again.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2513287

We've not found one positive comment about Winnebago's in our travels, including the service centers where they bought them, where they throw Winnebago under the bus. Really sad, Winnebago used to be such a great popular RV, but not anymore.

View more comments (1)

RVs, Motorhomes and Trailers Expert Talks

RV Travel During a Pandemic: Pros and Cons

Apr 30, 2021

Fox & Miles - full-time RV travelers talk about their experience of living in RV, share advice on how to choose the RV, plan the camping trip, give tips on how to shop while Rving and avoid common problems.

Read full article
Fox & Miles
Fox & Miles

Fox & Miles - RV experts and travelers who explore the US, chasing their dreams, and pursuing financial freedom.

map-marker Portland, Oregon

The worst company you will ever deal with to honor your "warranty"

This company is an absolute joke and refuses to respond to customers in hopes they will out last your complaints. Absolutely do not buy anything from this company. They will take your money and quickly tell you to *** Bought a brand new 2020 voyage and after a legal threat they finally took my unit back for repairs. Very extensive repairs such as water damage during travel, poor craftsmanship, and whole list of 3 years worth of work orders. This is the worst brand you will ever buy. Stay far far away

User's recommendation: Do not buy

Laurie S Ath

Very poorly thought out 110 locations

I am completely shocked that Winnebago did not provide a working outlet in the kitchen area for a small coffee pot while using the house battery and inverter. If you aren't plugged into shore power and you don't want to wake your spouse with the loud generator, you need to put the coffee pot on the floor near the bathroom, which is Ludicrous!! I spent over $125k on the vehicle and I can't make and enjoy a quiet cup of coffee. They should actually use the RV in all ways before selling it.

Preferred solution: Nothing. Just shake some sense into the designers

Mitch M Que

| map-marker Waverly, Iowa

Terrible Customer Service, Don't stand behind their product

Loss:
Cons:
  • Terrible quality control
  • Customer service and product

Preferred solution: Reimbursed $4200

User's recommendation: Do not buy a Winnebago

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article