Winnebago Industries - Winnebago 2015 Sprinter
Thought I was avoiding problems when I bought a 2015 Winnebago ERA 70C Sprinter two months ago.Very tired of making 2 and 3 trips back to Camping World and the Freightliner Sprinter maintenance shop for repairs on the same issue.
The van threw a Diesel Exhaust Fuel warning message within the first 200 miles I drove it. It had 3,500 miles on it when I bought it. Camping World said it needed DEF added every 15,000 miles. Well folks, it wasn't even at 4,000 miles yet.
The Sprinter shop added 2.5 gallons of DEF to what it said was a 3 gallon tank and shame on Camping World. Then within 2,000 miles, another (different) DEF light. So when I scheduled with McCoy Freightliner in Portland, I advised them I would wait for the repair, even if it took several hours. They performed diagnostics and sent me on my way advising they couldn't complete the repair that day despite their initial agreement.
So now I drive back a third time. Same thing with Camping World. A three-hour round trip to them for what I was told was minor body work caused by their technicians prior to delivery. All they did was assess the damage over 4 days and told me I had to come back again.
Parts delivery takes 3 weeks (I was told that was good turnaround). Once the parts got in, took 5 weeks to get a repair appointment. I'm getting sick of 2 and 3 trips to fix each thing. Two different shops.
I wasn't told the Camping World shop didn't do Sprinter chassis repairs, but they need to assess the issue first then refer me. Bunk.
Plus, if the issues involve latches not holding drawers shut, gaskets on the slide torn off, be prepared to do those repairs yourself because you'll be lucky to get the van out of their parking lot before the drawers pop open again.The gasket they "repaired" simply got pushed back into place with the same dry glue and dirt it already had on it.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor construction
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service bad quality damaged product
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2015 Winnebago Era 70C Motor Home Class B
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Winnebago build over the years a good reputation to loose it in these few years I heard so many people have numerous problems with Winnebago trailer and the company customer..."
- "TOOK POSSESSION IN AUG 2016 ONE 600 MILE ROUND TRIP AND ON MY WAY TO THE DEALER IN SPOKANE WA . DROVE IT TO WORK WAS EATING LUNCH..."
- "This is just one example of Forest River Salem Cruise Lite issues.. Now, its important to understand the Forest River offers the idea of camping to folks that would not..."
- " I bought a red leather recliner. Within the first six months the weather started peeling leaving white space is exposed. I should've contacted the store but I thought it..."
- "I have now been on hold for 2 hours and 10 minutes and counting, to talk to PZ regarding wrongful charges on my account. I think you only move..."
- "Approached by Ryan Martin and Nick Irvin of Martin Wireless in need of a loan. They asked again for $50k with an high risk interest rate and other favorable terms...."
- "Am i the only one complaining about fake leads. And other contractors putting up job requests to make contractors waste credits. And some are customers puting up job requests just..."
- "Well i find out today, 3 of the 4 refunds were made, but nit quite sure when theyll reach my bank!! As far as me NOT GETTING my mdse., i..."
- "On Nov 25 I tried to order a Waterville 2 times with no success Onthe 3rd try I had success. When I checked the order the at around 3:00pm on..."