Winnebago Industries - Winnebago 2015 Sprinter
Thought I was avoiding problems when I bought a 2015 Winnebago ERA 70C Sprinter two months ago.Very tired of making 2 and 3 trips back to Camping World and the Freightliner Sprinter maintenance shop for repairs on the same issue.
The van threw a Diesel Exhaust Fuel warning message within the first 200 miles I drove it. It had 3,500 miles on it when I bought it. Camping World said it needed DEF added every 15,000 miles. Well folks, it wasn't even at 4,000 miles yet.
The Sprinter shop added 2.5 gallons of DEF to what it said was a 3 gallon tank and shame on Camping World. Then within 2,000 miles, another (different) DEF light. So when I scheduled with McCoy Freightliner in Portland, I advised them I would wait for the repair, even if it took several hours. They performed diagnostics and sent me on my way advising they couldn't complete the repair that day despite their initial agreement.
So now I drive back a third time. Same thing with Camping World. A three-hour round trip to them for what I was told was minor body work caused by their technicians prior to delivery. All they did was assess the damage over 4 days and told me I had to come back again.
Parts delivery takes 3 weeks (I was told that was good turnaround). Once the parts got in, took 5 weeks to get a repair appointment. I'm getting sick of 2 and 3 trips to fix each thing. Two different shops.
I wasn't told the Camping World shop didn't do Sprinter chassis repairs, but they need to assess the issue first then refer me. Bunk.
Plus, if the issues involve latches not holding drawers shut, gaskets on the slide torn off, be prepared to do those repairs yourself because you'll be lucky to get the van out of their parking lot before the drawers pop open again.The gasket they "repaired" simply got pushed back into place with the same dry glue and dirt it already had on it.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor construction
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service bad quality damaged product
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2015 Winnebago Era 70C Motor Home Class B
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Hanma (SunL) SL150-T19, or what ever model it was on March 11, 2008. I was very excited about it and was happy to own my first motor..."
- "We purchased a new 2010 Outback 30 ft travel trailer by Keystone. Approximately 2 years after purchase the decals starting peeling off. Keystone said they only have a 1 yr..."
- "In recent Consumer Reports, the second generation Prius has shown to have issues with the electrical reliability of the vehicle despite its overall high reliability ratings. As an owner of..."
- "908-561-8300 UPS South Plainfield, NJ I have 7 chairs taken to this store to be packed and shipped to me before Christmas and I still have not received them worst..."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."
- "I ordered the free trial and never would believe it made my hair worse!! My hair is falling out!!!! Scream! I pleaded with them for help!! My doctor said it..."
- "Their website offers a FREE trial offer for the shipping cost of $4.95. There is no where on their site that states that you are signing up for an..."
- "Bought a 2016 Nissan It was run and drive verified Pictures on website show it running from numerous angles Coming off the transport it had Rod noise !!! Because of..."
- " BOYD'S GUNSTOCKS. Happy to take your order and your money. When it turns out their website is not updated and it's not in stock you have to pay the cancellation..."