Winnebago is junk. Just received my 2nd recall for my 2016 Era (24' MB chassis).

The first one involved defective propane hoses inside the motorhome leaking. I found about the problem when I opened my door and the propane smell was overwhelming. When I called Winnebago, they said "didn't you get your re-call notice" I took it to a dealer and they replaced the defective hose. The second recall is for the interface for the steering wheel radio volume control.

The safety recall #17V-262 states to remove the volume control module. I called Winnebago and ask them what the interface does if they can just remove it. Winnebago stated that the interface is only for the volume control for the radio. When I ask what the fix was, they said they would just remove it.

I ask how they were going to repair the steering wheel interface, They stated " WE ARE NOT GOING TO REPAIR IT AND IT IS JUST THE VOLUME CONTROL". When I told them that this was part of the 120K Motorhome I purchased, they said it's not optional equipment so we can just remove it (I paid more for the radio with the guidance system).

The volume control on the steering wheel is a small matter but, the idea that a manufacturer can just remove items off of a vehicle and say it doesn't matter or seem to care. I hope when someone is looking for a new motorhome they will read this post and stay away from Winnebago, the company truly does not care about the consumer after they sell their product.

Product or Service Mentioned: Winnebago Industries Rv.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Repair the interface or Pay for a new interface.

Winnebago Industries Cons: Quality of the motorhome.

Comments

Bought 2016 winnie minnie shower leaks like a siv. To let leaks at the base what a nightmare. Any suggestions

Winnebago Industries Reviews